MyWirelessWarehouse’s Checklist For Safely Buying Used IPhones
- Start by inspecting the entire phone for any cracks, dents or hairline fractures in the screen, back or casing
- Turn the phone on (If seller has reset phone, connect the iPhone to the internet and go through the setup process) do not add iTunes or a password.
- Open the “Camera” app and take a test picture and video
- Switch the view to front facing camera and take another test picture
- Check the mute switch and both volume buttons on left side of phone
- Open the “Settings” app and scroll down to “Sounds.” Slide the sound bar
back and forth and make sure you can hear.
- Go to “Wallpapers and Brightness” and check to make sure the brightness
slider works and the brightness of the screen changes
- Scroll down and select “iCloud” and make sure there is no apple ID attached
to the phone. (Never buy an iPhone with an iTunes account attached to it)
- In the “Settings” section, go to “General” and then “About.” Confirm that the
amount of Gigabytes matches the seller’s description. (All iPhones will have
about 2-4 less gigabytes due to the apps pre-installed on them)
- Confirm that the wireless carrier correctly matches the carrier you want to
activate the phone with.
- While still in “About” section, Scroll down & find the MEID of the phone. Call
the carrier’s 800 # and ask customer service to perform a MEID verification. Confirm the phone is not on the lost or stolen list and check to make sure the phone has been de-activated and no longer associated with any account.
- Finally, open the settings app, select “General,” and scroll to bottom and select “Reset” then select “Erase all Content & Settings” then “Erase iPhone” and “Erase iPhone” again. If it asks for iTunes password, have seller enter password or do not buy this phone